Tigre Punks is one of the 13 brands in the game. Tigre means Tiger in French, Spanish and Portuguese, and is the animal TP represents in the Chinese Zodiac. Tigre Punks apparel features ripped and patchy punk gear, including mohawks, retro T-shirts, and puffy biker vests. Some of their pants are gothic punk style, and are used in making Lapin Angelique quest items. The multitude of straps and pouches on Tigre punks clothing makes it very distinctive. Tigre Punks pins are dark, mostly yellow, red, and black, and are modeled after the punk grunge art style.
Tigre Punks home store is located in Molco. Its shopkeeper is Nana Majima.
Tigre Punks pins generally attack nearby Noise with spinning slashes or by dragging Neku as an attack. There is also a line of health recovery pins. They feature designs with a lot of scribbles, scrapes, slopped paint, and spikes.
References to the Chinese ZodiacEdit
- In the legends of the Jade Emperor, the tiger's role as the king of beasts was said to have been a lengthy journey to righteousness and glory. In the beginning, it was said that the lion ruled as the king of beasts, but the Jade Emperor saw that the lion's rule was tyrannical and cruel, and decided that a new king was needed. Back on earth, the tiger, originally clumsy and oafish, soon sought and was taught by the cat how to pounce, fight, and be rigorous in its movements. Making its might known by fighting off challengers in the depths of nature, the Jade Emperor soon took notice, and tested the tiger in the heavens against his guardians. While overcoming all of them then proved the tiger its rightful title, the mortal world soon was put in peril, and the tiger took it upon itself to right the balance of good. Before heading to the earth to do good deeds, the tiger asked the Jade Emperor to record its heroics; upon saving the world and denouncing the lion and its cohorts from the title of the king of beasts, the Jade Emperor then painted on its forehead the ideogram of king.
- Being associated with punk rock and rock and roll is an appropriate theme for the sign of the Tiger. Along with the Tiger in Asian thought as a beast representative of the western world, tiger signs are considered to be very individualistic, wild, headstrong, resolute, and humanistic. Rock and roll, being roaring and wild as a music genre itself, also is important in this aspect; rock and roll has its importance as the anthem genre of rebellion and revolution in the West, including challenging imposition, elitism, and unjust authority. Rock and roll fashion took a life of its own regarding its rise as well, as artists on stage greatly influenced and inspired fan fashions.
- Concerning the sign's incompatibility with the Monkey, this goes hand in hand with both its fashion stylings and music genre. While Jupiter of the Monkey is that of sleek and sporty modern design, this comes to clash with the rough, rugged, torn, and wild aesthetic of Tigre Punks, that when mixed unabashedly comes to bring in mind the concept of a "poser". While JotM can be ripped and torn in attempts to look in with Tigre Punks, they come to stand on their own too well that they overtake Tigre's flair. While Tigre Punks goes well with Wild Boar's rap stylings, JotM differs in that they are more focused on "mainstream" pop rap. Along with being potentially seen as watered down, made for innocuous subject matter, and catering to selling out, evidence can be made to the differences in real life music: while rock has evidence that it can go good with rap, including bands like Run DMC and Rage Against the Machine, the early 2000's saw the rise of nu metal from bands like Limp Bizkit, which was seen as overly "tryhard" and droning.
Tigre Punks features a few decent pins.
- Velocity Attack and Velocity Tackle allow Neku to damage enemies while dashing.
- Peace Full is a good straight HP recovery pin.
- Lightning Rage is the best Vortex Saber pin, though it is only available at the postgame without Mingle shopping.
Tigre Punks features a number of very important threads that will make the game much easier.
- Biker Jacket (W1D5), Cotton Biker Vest (W1D5), and Patchy Biker Jacket (W2D3) form a little mini-mission together, as each successive thread requires the previous one. Patchy Biker Jacket is the non-SOS maingame item that provides the highest ATK boost, and is a solid pick for the Tops slot.
- Purple Sneaks (W1D5) is absolutely essential. It has Faster Puck 2, which reduces the puck passing time by 25%. It is recommended to buy four of these immediately (one for Neku and each partner) when it is first available. What sets it apart from Faster Puck 2 threads is that it occupies the near-worthless Footwear slot, is available very early, is inexpensive, and has a low BRV requirement. Black Book Bag may be the most powerful thread in the game, but Purple Sneaks is arguably the most important. Purple Sneaks may even be used in the postgame.
Tigre Punks Pins
|#||Name||Cls||Psych||Spec||Power||Sold by||Dropped by||Event reward||Evolves into||Info|
|138||Distortion||B||Discharge||Attack||78||Cosmic Corner Dougenzaka||Tin Pin Another Day (Shibu-Q Heads)||Scratch empty space to generate electricity. Inflicts damage on contact. Keep scratching to extend range.|
|139||Velocity Attack||A||Velocity Attack||Attack||58||Molco, Cosmic Corner||W2D6|
|Drag Neku into a dash and smash him into enemies. Inflicts damage.|
|140||Velocity Tackle||A||Velocity Crash||Attack||82||Drag Neku into a dash and smash him into enemies. Inflicts damage and knocks enemies into other enemies for chain damage.|
|141||Demon's Hatred||A||Explosion||Attack||145||74 All||Press empty space to spray a wide radius with sparks. Inflicts damage on contact.|
|142||Go 2 Hell||B||Spear Strike||Attack||53||13 E, 85 N, 92 N|
|Slash across Neku and he will charge in that direction, mowing down enemies in his path. Inflicts damage on contact.|
|143||Go 2 Heaven||B||Spear Strike||Attack||52||Slash across Neku and he will quickly charge in that direction, mowing down enemies in his path. Inflicts damage on contact.|
|144||Lightning Anger||B||Vortex Saber||Attack||139||Molco|
|Blow into the microphone and Neku will attack with a spinning slash. Inflicts damage on surrounding enemies.|
|145||Lightning Rage||B||Vortex Saber||Attack||135||Blow into the microphone and Neku will attack with a spinning slash. Inflicts damage on surrounding enemies.|
|146||LIVE!||A||Street Jam||Attack||55||Molco, Cosmic Corner||W2D6 - Help the Reaper at AMX||Shout into the microphone to create a shock wave. Inflicts continuous damage on all enemies and always Immobilizes them. (Some enemies may be immune.)|
|147||Peace Full||A||Cure Drink||Recovery||50||40 E||Tin Pin Another Day (104)|
|Touch the pin to restore HP.|
|148||Thanx||A||Healing||Recovery||30||Touch the pin to restore a small amount of HP and cure HP Drain.|
|149||D.I.Y.||A||Attack Blight+||W3D6 Pig (Station Underpass)||Greatly extends the duration of Attack Break's negative effects on enemies.|
|150||Tigre Punks||A||Resonance: TP||Molco||Increases the Attack of any Tigre Punks pins Neku is wearing.|
Tigre Punks Evolution Chart
Tigre Punks Threads Edit
|Id||Title||Threads slot||ATK bonus||DEF bonus||HP bonus||BRV req||Ability name||Ability unlocker||Sold by||Secret report event|
|037||Biker Jacket||Top||10||53||38||Neku: ATK +5||Tigre Punks - Molco (FSG Lvl 1)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|045||Black Raglan Tee||Top||2||9||20||SOS ATK Boost I||Cosmic Corner - Dogenzaka (FSG Lvl 2)||Cosmic Corner - Dogenzaka|
Tigre Punks - Molco
|046||Blue Raglan Tee||Top||2||5||25||Shiki: HP +10||Tigre Punks - Molco (FSG Lvl 1)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|049||Bondage Half-pants||Bottom||2||17||25||Neku: DEF +1||AMX - AMX (FSG Lvl 2)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|047||Bondage Pants (Black)||Bottom||4||29||38||SOS Null Damage||Tigre Punks - Molco (FSG Lvl 3)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|039||Cotton Biker Vest||Top||5||30||30||Neku: ATK +3||Tigre Punks - Molco (FSG Lvl 4)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|052||Custom Sneaks||Footwear||2||5||60||More Defense Breaks I||Cosmic Corner - Dogenzaka (FSG Lvl 3)||Cosmic Corner - Dogenzaka|
Tigre Punks - Molco
|058||Custom Waist Pack||Accessory||2||2||8||59||ATK +2||Tigre Punks - Molco (FSG Lvl 2)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|054||Double-spiked Cuff||Accessory||3||-5||28||Attack Break Finisher||Tigre Punks - Molco (FSG Lvl 1)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|041||Fitted Coat||Top||12||30||52||Beat: DEF +4||Tigre Punks - Molco (FSG lvl 7)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|057||Gold Padlock Necklace||Accessory||12||40||Beat: Fusion ★ +1||Tigre Punks - Molco (FSG Lvl 4)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|044||Grey Gauze Shirt||Top||4||9||32||HP +15||AMX - AMX (FSG Lvl 2)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|038||Patchy Biker Jacket||Top||16||75||45||ATK +5||Tigre Punks - Molco (FSG Lvl 1)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|043||Pink Gauze Shirt||Top||3||17||58||Joshua: Air Combo A||Tigre Punks - Molco (FSG Lvl 2)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|051||Purple Sneaks||Footwear||1||4||27||Faster Puck II||Tigre Punks - Molco (FSG Lvl 3)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|056||Red Mohawk Set||Accessory||7||-12||45||HP Drain Finisher||AMX - AMX (FSG Lvl 3)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|048||Skirt Bondage Combo||Bottom||7||51||74||Resist Immobilization||Tigre Punks - Molco (FSG Lvl 6)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|055||Spiked Choker||Accessory||3||-6||25||Shiki: Ground Combo A||Tigre Punks - Molco (FSG Lvl 1)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|042||Tartan Coat||Top||11||-1||42||49||Beat: Air Combo D||Tigre Punks - Molco (FSG Lvl 6)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|040||Tiger Biker Vest||Top||13||57||55||Beat: Fusion ★ +3||Tigre Punks - Molco (FSG Lvl 7)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|059||Tiger Waist Pack||Accessory||4||8||61||Combo Panel +1||Tigre Punks - Molco (FSG Lvl 2)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|053||White Rubbersoles||Footwear||2||10||46||EXP Boost I||Tigre Punks - Molco (FSG Lvl 4)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|050||Work Boots||Footwear||2||11||42||Resist Knockback||Tigre Punks - Molco (FSG Lvl 6)||Tigre Punks - Molco|
|D+B • Natural Puppy • Pavo Real • Mus Rattus • Jupiter of the Monkey • Hip Snake • Sheep Heavenly • Tigre Punks • Dragon Couture • Lapin Angelique • Pegaso • Wild Boar • Gatito • Unbranded • Mithril Scale (Live Remix only)|