- "These shrew Noise leap headlong at prey with razor claws, then make new holes to hide in."
- — Noise Report
- Tunnel Dweller: The Shrew Gazer is able to move between the top- and bottom-screens at will via holes in the ground. However, it can only attack when it is protruding from one of these holes; if forced out by attacks, the shrew Noise will try to crawl over to one of its burrows to resume its attacks.
- Claw Slash: The Shrew Gazer pops its head out of one of its holes to perform a double-clawed downwards slash on the player if he's nearby.
- Shrew Bomb: The Shrew Gazer pops its head out of one of its holes and drops a bomb just outside the hole. After 3 seconds, the bomb will explode, causing serious damage within a certain radius.
- Flying Drill: The Shrew Gazer jumps into the air from one of its holes and then rapidly spins down claws-first at Neku or his partner. Regardless of whether it hits or not, it will drill back into the ground, creating a new hole from which it can attack from.
Shrew Gazers can only be harmed while at least partly above the ground; even Fusion Attacks will miss while they are underground. Attacks with knock-back can force these Noise out of their burrows until they can crawl back into one of their holes, leaving them extremely vulnerable to attack. Dash or use a well-timed block to avoid taking damage from their bombs. The player should do their best to avoid the Flying Drill attack.