|Fighting Style||ESP Cards|
|Voice Actor(s)||Heather Hogan (English)|
Anna Hachimine (Japanese)
- "Fashionable and fabulous at fifteen, Shiki knows clothes. While she puts on a cheerful face to lend Neku some much-needed moral support, deep down she harbors a secret... She never parts with her homemade stuffed animal, Mr. Mew; to survive, Neku can never part with her."
- — Game manual description
Shiki Misaki is a fifteen year old girl, tall and slender in stature. She has reddish brown hair that is concealed by her cap. Her attire consists of a red short sleeved shirt that exposes a very large portion of her midriff. Over this she wears a short yellow hoodie. She wears a necklace around her neck with a puzzle piece-shaped pendant. She is in a low-cut green colored denim skirt with a brown pouch around her waist. She also wears a yellow bracelet on her left wrist accompanied with a ring on her pinkie finger, and almost knee-length brown medium heeled boots with yellow stripes on the sides.
Shiki tries to the best of her abilities to help others. She is generally positive and upbeat; however, despite her happy attitude, Shiki feels inferior and useless to others, making her jealous of her idols. Shiki attempts to turn these feelings into positive ones and not let them affect her. Shiki is shown to be a talented seamstress, making even her own clothes.
In Another Day
- In Another Day, Shiki acts almost exactly the same. The only notable difference is that she becomes more of a fangirl for "The Prince" and 777, going so far as to be the leader of fangirl groups and become angry at anyone that insults them or her groups.
She also enjoys Tin Pin Slammer a great deal more than she did during the main story.
Shiki was Eri's best friend, and often felt inferior to her. Despite this, the two were good friends. Shortly before the game began, Shiki died in an unknown accident. To enter the game, she was forced to sacrifice her body, and took up Eri's appearance while in the Underground.
Shiki meets Neku on the very first day of the game at the Statue of Hachiko, where she makes a pact with him. She explains the situation to her partner and teaches him how to use his first battle pins. Though Neku is at first resistant to her, she constantly remains a source of positive support for him and teaching him of the value of friendship. The two then make it to 104 to complete their first mission.
During the second day, Shiki meets Beat and Rhyme, whom she quickly makes friends with and learns several tips from them. However, Neku's antisocial behavior makes Beat mad and the two leave. At the end of the second day, when Uzuki convinces Neku to kill Shiki to escape the Game, she is saved by Hanekoma, who educates the two on being a team. However, she is constantly hurt and shocked by his total lack of shown empathy, especially when Rhyme is erased. When she meets Yodai Higashizawa, he mocks her, taunting her about the jealousy in her heart. Because of this, Shiki becomes unsure and unfocused for an entire day. During the week, Shiki continues to complete her missions.
On the sixth day, she finds her best friend Eri in Shibuya. Surprisingly, Shiki looks exactly like her friend. After fleeing, Neku confronts her, and she confesses that the person he sees is not her real appearance—it is really Eri's body. Forfeiting her appearance as a fee for the game, it is revealed that she has always envied her friend, who she felt was better than her in every way. Upon finding Eri again, Shiki realizes that Eri loved her very much, and wished she could have her skills as well. Realizing how lucky she is, the jealousy disappears from Shiki and her spirit is renewed. She and Neku go on to defeat Higashizawa on the final day and win the Game.
Unfortunately, only one of them can move on, and Shiki is chosen. She protests, but Neku urges her to leave and meet up with Eri. Tearfully, Shiki leaves for the RG—only to be taken as Neku's entry price for his next Game (Regardless, Shiki could not be brought back to life due to the Composer's absence).
Shiki is not present during the second week, since she is being used as Neku's entry fee for the second week.
Shiki awakens deep within the Shibuya River on the last day of the 3rd week, where Neku and Beat are passing through to find the Composer, after Neku and Beat break enough rules to disqualify themselves. Upon finding the Reapers' hideout, the Red Skull pin she had gained during her Game is activated by Kitaniji, and without her Player Pin she is mind controlled.
She is then forced to fight Beat while Neku attacks Kitaniji. During battle, she attacks on the top zone and uses her standard attacks with Mr. Mew to fight Beat. After Neku defeats the Conductor, she continues to attack, sending multiple Mr. Mews at Neku. She is blocked by Beat, who is knocked out in the attack. Neku takes the opportunity to cut her Skull pin in half. Shiki loses consciousness along with Beat, and Neku goes to fight the Composer alone. Shiki and Beat wake up shortly after and rush after their friend just in time to find him about to fight Kitaniji once more.
Together, the trio fight the Conductor. Joshua then enters and is forcibly fused with the Conductor, stealing away both Beat and Shiki. Fortunately, all three partners manage to sync up with Neku while he fights alone, giving him enough power to defeat the Conductor and save them. Sadly, Joshua then reveals himself as the Composer. Joshua decides to spare Shibuya, and Shiki, Neku, Beat, and Rhyme all meet up at Hachiko, where they happily reunite.
Shiki is an avid player of Tin Pin Slammer, like everybody else in the alternate universe. She joins Neku to help him find the stolen pins during the Tin Pin Tournament.
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
- "You really have to learn how to take a joke..."
- — Shiki to Riku, after comparing him to a knight
According to Joshua, Shiki and the others lost their existences and their souls were taken by the Reapers, but they were revived in Traverse Town and met with their partners. To return to their world, they must complete a series of games created by the Reapers.
Shiki first appears being attacked by Dream Eaters, but Riku comes to her aid. After saving her, Riku attempts to leave but Shiki tells him that he should accompany her and protect her, calling him a "knight". Reluctantly, Riku agrees and they travel together until Shiki runs off and Riku meets with a mysterious man in a black coat. It is later revealed by Beat that the man in black tricked Shiki, telling her that if she brought him Riku he would take her and her partner to their home world. Realizing that she was wrong, Shiki apologizes to Riku. Later, Shiki, Beat and Riku watch Neku, Rhyme and Sora on another Traverse Town, which was split in two by the mysterious man.
Later, Shiki is finally able to reunite with Neku. When they are about to take a break, they are attacked by Dream Eaters but are saved by Sora. When Sora introduces himself to Shiki, he tells her that Neku was looking all over for her and that he said that he "needed" her, embarassing Neku. However, Shiki thanks Neku, claiming that she was happy to be important to someone. Joshua appears before them and tells them that Riku and the others are fighting in the other Traverse Town, so they go the Third District to fight the Dream Eaters. Still, a Dream Eater runs away to another world and Shiki wonders if they failed their mission, to which Sora says that he'll find the Dream Eater for them. After thanking Sora, Shiki mentions that Neku has changed and become cooler and they all invite Sora to visit them in Shibuya one day.
Neku: Neku and Shiki's relationship is easily one of the more complex relationships in the game. While Neku is initially extremely cold towards her, calling her stalker and even going so far as to kill her (albeit on the orders of a Reaper), as the week progresses, they develop a relationship. By the end of the week, they forge a bond so far that she is taken as Neku's entrance fee for the next week, and swear to each other they'll see each other again in the RG one day.
Eri: Shiki is best friends with Eri, as the two of them bonded through making clothes together. Shiki became jealous of Eri's good looks, popularity, and skills as a designer. This jealousy was one of the driving factors behind her apperance during the Reaper Game and Higashizawa's interest in her. In the end, however, it is learned that Eri had just as much respect and admiration for Shiki.
Mina and Nao: Shiki is friends with these two characters in "Another Day." They are also all part of the Eiji Oji (The Prince) fan group, the White Angels.
Shiki's one psych involves her animating Mr. Mew through psychomancy. The stuffed animal comes alive and becomes a ferocious, clawing beast that attacks enemies. She also seems to be capable of duplicating Mr. Mew. This has only been done during her fusion attacks with Neku and in the storyline, but NOT in battle as a special attack. While Shiki seems to be able to command Mr. Mew, her control is indirect at best; she states that he "does his own thing".
Her ability to animate objects only works on Mr. Mew. Her fusion attacks also allow her to transform Mr. Mew into more powerful, larger forms with stronger abilities. She can also jump which doubles her attack and guard against enemy attacks. If she manages to pull off a successful ground attack, Shiki gains brief invincibility as she cheers herself while Mr. Mew is uppercutting enemies.
It is assumed from the Mr. Mew suit description that some degree of this ability originates from before she entered the UG, although this is not confirmed.
Shiki uses Groove Pawn, a Psychokinesis-type pin, to animate and command Mr. Mew. She has the ability to jump and attack enemies in mid-air by pressing up on the D-pad or X, dealing double damage once. Reversing the direction she attacks in while in the middle of a combo results in a counter, dealing double damage. She can also guard against attacks by pressing down or B.
The way Shiki gains Fusion Stars is through her ESP Cards (also known as Zener cards). There are three ESP Cards displayed face down at the top of Shiki's screen. You have to randomly guess each card, starting from the right to the left. If you guess a right card, the cursor moves over to the left. If you guess a card wrong, then you'll have to retry the card. It's possible that if the wrong card you selected was one of the facedown ESP Cards, you'll see a quick glimpse of where the location of that card is.
You can select a card at the end of Shiki's combo map.
Difficulty settings change the amount of available cards: Easy or Normal mode will let you choose from Waves, Circle, or Cross. Hard mode will add the Star (a filled star) card, and Ultimate mode will add the Square (a hollow square) card.
Guessing the correct card without a mistake earns you 2 stars. If you miss, and then guess the right card later, you'll only earn 1 fusion star. (if you ever choose the wrong card and it is revealed being in another place, guessing this card at the first try will still earn you 2 stars) .
- Level 2: Shiki and Neku ride Mr. Mew, while Mr. Mew attacks.
- Shiki: "Neku, come on!"
- Neku: "Right behind you!"
- Level 3: Mr. Mew grows to Godzilla-like proportions and fires lasers from his eyes, while Shiki and Neku stand on his shoulders.
- Shiki: "Go, Mr. Mew!"
- Neku: "Get 'em, Piggy!"
Tin Pin Deck
In Another Day, Shiki's pin deck is shown during a Tin Pin Match against her. As you can only fight her once, there is no rematch and only one of her decks is known.
Pin #1: Tin Pin Thrift | Weight: 7, Spin: 5, KO Length: 4, Stinger x 7, Bomber x 4, Hammer x 4, Hand x 1
Pin #2: Tin Pin Thrift | Weight: 7, Spin: 5, KO Length: 4, Stinger x 7, Bomber x 4, Hammer x 4, Hand x 1
The word "Shiki" translates directly to thread, reflecting on her talent for sewing. She is the only Player in the game who visibly cares about fashion and trends beyond their effects in battling Noise. The kanji Shi-ki Mi-saki translate literally to: four, seasons, beautiful, blossom.
- "Let me in! Tell me what you're thinking!"
- "Once you see the real me, will we still be friends?"
- "Let the White Angels bless you!"
- "Sure, you may butt heads now and then, but life is more fun that way."
- "There was nothing special about me at all. I hated myself. I wanted to change, to be somebody else. To be Eri."
This article only shows additional images. To see the rest, go here.
- Interestingly, Shiki's fighting style is very similar to that of Lulu from Final Fantasy X, both of them use dolls to physically attack their opponents. However, Lulu's dolls are most likely possessed or controlled by black magic as opposed to Mr. Mew who is controlled with Groove Pawn.
- Shiki (in Eri's form) bears a strong physical and emotional resemblance to Kairi of the Kingdom Hearts franchise.
- It is also interesting to note that Mr. Mew bears a slight resemblance to Cait Sith, a recurring character/summon from the Final Fantasy series. Cait Sith also appeared as one of Lulu's dolls.
- Her psych is also somewhat reminiscent of the Stand ability from the famous, long-running manga-series JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Like Mr. Mew, Stands are physical representatives of psychic abilities that are controlled by their user, and also like Mew some of them are not fully controllable and "kinda do their own thing" like Shiki puts it.
- It is strange that even though Shiki says Mr. Mew "does his own thing" if she is captured by a jellyfish noise, instead of helping her, he just stands there in his battle pose.
- Shiki is Neku's only partner to not largely go by a nickname.
- Shiki's appearance doesn't change into her real appearance in Another Day, despite not being in the Reapers' Game. However, this is easily explainable, as this story takes place in another universe. As another explanation, when the player talks to Joshua, he says a parable which basically says that "a certain young lady may look different to you than she actually is", claiming that the player has a filtered view on Shiki's look. However, many comments in-game refer to her look as Eri, like when Joshua recommends a pin color for her, based on her green skirt.
- However, Thank to the Solo Remix, This have been fix abit by recolor Shiki's real from's skirt into green.
- Shiki's real form's eyes are never shown. On her phone, they are hidden by a glare. During the credits, only half of her face is shown.
- At the end of a battle, Shiki will hold her phone to her ear. This is strange as there is no one to call in the UG. It's possible that she's listening to music.
777 · BJ · Koki Kariya · Megumi Kitaniji · Mitsuki Konishi · Sho Minamimoto · Tenho · Uzuki Yashiro · Yodai Higashizawa
Ai · Eiji Oji · Eri · Ken Doi · Makoto Miki · Mina · Mr. Mew · Shuto Dan · Sanae Hanekoma
|(v · e)|