Artwork of Mitsuki Konishi
|Noise Form(s)||Tigris Cantus|
Her Iron Frostiness
Mrs. K (In Another Day chapter)
|Voice Actor(s)||Hitomi Nabatame (JP)|
Lara Cody (ENG)
Mitsuki Konishi (虚西 充妃 Konishi Mitsuki?) is a character in The World Ends with You and is an officer of the Reapers.
The cold and crafty Mitsuki Konishi serves as the Game Master during the Beat chapter, and is one of the most powerful Reapers. At first, she seems only interested in serving the Conductor, Megumi Kitaniji, but shows her true colors by doing whatever it takes to climb in the ranks. Her Noise form is Tigris Cantus (ティグリスカンタス Tigurisu Kantasu?, Latin for "singing tiger"), a winged tiger-woman.
While she may not look the part of a villain, Konishi is ranked among the highest in the Reaper hierarchy. She is the one who issues the orders for the missions against Neku and his friends, although she rarely appears before them.
Konishi at first seems very loyal to the Composer and the Conductor and often demands respect when the Reapers of lower status address them. But this is just a ruse; she's truly very cold and manipulative and will do anything she sees fit to meet her own ends. Because of her passive personality and her relatively cold demeanor, she has gained the nickname "Iron Maiden" (which Beat spitefully warps into "Ironface").
Her goal is to become the new Conductor, and she will do anything to achieve that goal. She used Kariya and Uzuki to stall for time during Neku and Beat's mission to find her, or betray Kitaniji and side with the resurrected Sho Minamimoto, reasoning that Kitaniji will either be defeated or be weakened enough from the battle that she can erase him herself. She even states that she doesn't care what happens to Minamimoto, as long as she gets to be Conductor (according to Beat, everyone is a pawn to her). When confronted by Beat, she makes it clear how little she tolerates idiocy. She will still resort to trickery and mind games to deal with those she considers an annoyance.
Konishi can transform into a Noise in the form of Tigris Cantus. She is quite powerful in this form, despite having the second lowest attack stat in the game, and creates shadows and clones of herself to attack and defend with and has the ability to steal Neku's pin deck, leaving him unable to attack. While in her human form she can also hide in shadows, like she does with Beat. This talent is not apparently used by any of the other Reapers. Like the other officer Reapers, she usually conceals her wings.
Battling her Noise form consists of 4 phases.
- The first phase requires Neku to lure Taboo Noises into the white space in his area to damage Tigris Cantus. Obstacles going into the white space will fly up and damage Beat, while normal Noise going into the white space will heal Tigris Cantus.
- In the second phase Tigris Cantus's real body will be in one screen while a clone will be in the other. Repeatedly attack her real body to damage her. She can attack by projecting a shadow in a straight line. The clone and boss swap sides whenever Beat completes a chain, allowing Neku to damage her.
- In the third phase, Tigris Cantus steals all pins, including the Fusion Pin, from Neku. Beat can still attack Tigris Cantus normally, but Neku must continuously run into her shadow to erase the clones she summons on the top screen. She can summon spikes from underneath Neku if she is in his shadow.
- In the final phase, Neku gains the Rhyme pin. Only several of Tigris Cantus' clones are now visible, while she herself is a speck of yellow light not too easily seen in the white space. She can be tracked, however, by noting the direction of Neku and Beat's shadows: she will act as a light source, and their shadows behave accordingly. She can attack by projecting shadows from all of her clones which fly straight forward. Beat cannot attack the clones, so the best option is to keep him in 'block' position to avoid damage form the upper clones' attacks. When the yellow light is in Neku's area, he must use the Rhyme pin on her, which does damage to her if used fast enough. If after the first 'barrage' of pin uses she is not defeated, she will teleport up to Beat's area and attack from there. She can be forced back down by Beat's block move.
Konishi is referred to as Mrs. K in Another Day. Additionally, in Another Day, she appears to be Beat and Rhyme's school teacher.
Tin Pin DeckEdit
In Another Day, Konishi's pin deck is shown during a Tin Pin match against her, where she is referred to as "Mrs. K". When in battle, she controls three pins at once, though they all use the same deck.
Pin #1: Tigris | Weight: 4, Spin: 5, KO Length: 4, Stinger x 17, Bomber x 0, Hammer x 5, Hand x 0
Pin #2: Popguin | Weight: 5, Spin: 1, KO Length: 4, Stinger x 8, Bomber x 4, Hammer x 4, Hand x 1
Pin #3: One Stroke, Vast Wealth | Weight: 4, Spin: 1, KO Length: 3, Stinger x 0, Bomber x 7, Hammer x 9, Hand x 0
Tigris, the first pin in Konishi's deck, has no bombers, so you can abuse hammers when the match starts up. Pin 052, Love Charge works especially well, as it's hammer moves fast making it hard to counter, despite the short range.
When defeated, Konishi will reward you with Pin 152, One Stroke, Vast Wealth.
- The kanji for Ko-nishi Mitsu-ki translate literally to: Void, West, fill, queen.
- Like the other two Game Masters (Higashizawa and Minamimoto) including Kitaniji, Konishi's name has the kanji affiliated with her noise form hidden inside it. In this case, one of the kanji in her name has one of the radicals that belong to the kanji affiliated with her noise form. (The 虚 (ko) in her name has the same major radical as the kanji for tiger (虎).
- Konishi's appearance pays homage to Quistis, a playable character from Final Fantasy VIII.
- Similar to Minamimoto's math jokes and Higashizawa's food references, Konishi often makes references to calculation and strategy and refers to those she considers intellectually inferior (ie: Beat) as "chimps".
777 · BJ · Koki Kariya · Megumi Kitaniji · Mitsuki Konishi · Sho Minamimoto · Tenho · Uzuki Yashiro · Yodai Higashizawa
Ai · Eiji Oji · Eri · Ken Doi · Makoto Miki · Mina · Mr. Mew · Shuto Dan · Sanae Hanekoma
|(v · e)|