Jelly Neocoustic's sprite
|Habitat(s)||Scramble Crossing* |
Tipsy Tose Hall*
|Day(s)||Week 3: Days 2-6|
|Resistances||100% Positive |
|Pin drops||U - Adamantite* |
H - 5,000 Yen*
N - Eyes Full of Light*
E - 1,000 Yen*
- "Let this jelly violate your space, and that obscene tentacle may start violating your HP!"
- — Noise Report
- Drifter: The Jelly Neocoustic extends its smaller tentacles passively as it drifts around, causing damage and possibly immobilization upon contact with the player.
- Jelly Mitosis: The Jelly Neocoustic will attempt to clone itself every ten or so seconds, or when it receives a Lightning Pass that has damaged the player. Doing so will create either another Jelly Neocoustic, or the "mutant" Jelly Germanic.
- Lightning Pass: If there are any other jelly Noise on the battlefield, Jelly Neocoustic will send out a lightning bolt to another Jelly noise, which will bounce between other Jelly noise. These will damage the player if they get in the way and cause Jelly Neocoustic that collect the damaging pass to use Jelly Mitosis.
- Tentacle Reeling: The Jelly Neocoustic will swing its large central tentacle to stab and reel in the player into its "Jelly Prison", causing immobilization while the Neocoustic drains its target's HP.
As long as they are not allowed to multiply too much, Jelly Neocoustic are not too much of a threat. However, the player should be wary of their immobilizing HP drain attack. Since Jelly Germanic cannot clone themselves, attacking Jelly Neocoustic first is best if the player wishes to stop them reproducing (due to their resistance to negative (long-ranged) psychs, it may be better to favor positive (close-ranged) psychs when attacking them). However, a player may want to purposely avoid attacking these Noise in order to allow them to create more enemies (possibly more Jelly Germanic in particular, as they give more EXP for their erasure) to defeat, and thus provide the player with more EXP. On the other hand, this might be a risky tactic, as the more jelly Noise that there are, the higher the chance of the player being struck by one of the lightning bolts that they pass among themselves or falling victim to their health-draining tentacle.