Damage in the game is calculated as follows:
DAMAGE = [(eATK + (pATK x R x T)) x SOS x EFF% x D - DEF] x (2-RES%) x P
Note that this formula is used for both the player and noise.
- eATK: Equipped attack: Attacker's base ATK (plus/minus thread modifiers for players).
- pATK: Pin attack: Attack value of the pin. (Neku only)
- R: Resonance multiplier. If the attack is under the effect of Resonance, this value is 1.2, otherwise it's 1.0.
- T: Trend multiplier for brands:
- Most popular: 2.0
- No. 2 brand: 1.5
- No. 3 brand: 1.2
- Least popular: 0.5
- Unranked: 1.0
- SOS: SOS multiplier. Default (no SOS) is 1.0; maximum is 2.7.
- EFF%: Efficiency multiplier. This can range from 0.2 to 4.0.
- D: Difficulty multiplier:
- Easy: 2.00
- Normal: 1.00
- Hard: 0.61
- Ultimate: 0.40
- DEF: DEF of the opponent. This is 0 for most noise, but some noise have a hidden DEF value.
- RES%: Resistance value of the opponent.
- For noise, this is the percentage value listed in the noise report. If RES% is listed as 200%, then substitute 3.00 instead.
- For characters, this is 100% (1.0) for Neku and partners facing the enemy. It is 50% (0.5) for partners attacked from behind or Joshua while airborne.
- P: Puck multiplier. If the attack is not amplified by the puck, this is 1.0. Default start value is 2.0; maximum is 5.0.
- If attacking taboo noise without the puck, this is 0.25.