The Conductor is the Composer's second in command. He carries out the Composer's missions, and delivers messages from the Composer to the Reapers.
The Conductor serves as the Composer's representative, transmitting orders from the Composer to the Reapers. Their respective roles are analogous to that of their musical counterparts: just as a composer writes music and a conductor interprets and communicates that music to the orchestra, so does the Game's Composer create plans and orders, and it falls to the Conductor to give those orders to the Reapers and ensure they are followed. He can also serve as a last line of defense, as he guards the entrance to the Composer's lair.
Among the Reapers, only the Composer is considered more powerful than the Conductor. He possesses lesser versions of most of the powers held by the Composer.
- Can communicate with the Composer.
- Acts as Second-in-Command in the Composer's absence. Under these conditions, the Conductor may select Game Masters and admit new Reapers.
- If the existence of the UG is threatened, the Conductor can override the Composer's rules with an Emergency Call.
- Can imprint Imagination onto Pins.
- Immense strength and powerful psychs.
- High authority among Reapers. As the Composer rarely (if ever) gives orders to most Reapers, high-ranking Reaper Officers answer to the Conductor, and meet with him to receive their orders.
It is important to note that the Conductor cannot restore Players to life.
Achieving the RankEdit
While it is never revealed how one achieves the position of the Conductor, it is assumed that the Composer hand-picks him or her out of the Officer-rank Reapers. The current Conductor, Megumi Kitaniji, was erased by the Composer at the end of the game, leaving the position of Conductor open.
Relationship With Other ReapersEdit
The Reapers generally honor the assignments given to them by the Conductor. The only Reaper who frequently defies the Conductor's missions is Sho Minamimoto. Normally, however, the Conductor is respected and revered among the Reaper community.
Relationship with the AngelsEdit
As far as the information given in The World Ends with You goes, the Conductor is oblivious to the existence of the Angels, and as such has never knowingly met or spoken with any of them.