Coco Atarashi, the Newest Addition to the Reapers
|Rank||Harrier Reaper (presumed)|
|Classification||Harrier Reaper (presumed)|
Coco Atarashi (新 子々 Atarashi Koko?), nicknamed "Live-chan" by many players (prior to her official reveal, and even by some now), is a Reaper that appears in The World Ends with You -Solo Remix- and The World Ends with You -Live Remix-.
Coco served as the new guide in The World Ends With You -Live Remix- as the player explored Shibuya and fought for his or her life. Coco also appears in The World Ends with You -Solo Remix- as an owner of a shop.
Appearance EditCoco has pale beige hair that is shoulder-length, along with sky blue eyes. While not as noticeable, the left side of her hair is slightly more purple in color; although many would dismiss this as a shadow of the head, it is actually her hair that is shaded slightly darker into a light purple. Her skin is light and almost white, while her overall stature is child-like.
Her attire is cute and lovely, consisting of lots of cute pink and candy blue, which contrasts her role as a Reaper. She wears a candy blue button-up top with a matching thigh-high skirt, both with frills and fluffs. Over that, she has a sky blue ribbon at her neck and a pink hoodie jacket, where the hood has bear ears marked with hearts. Around her wrists on the outside of the jacket are multicolored flashy bracelets, while the bottom-left end of her jacket has a light-purple heart accessory with a "confused" expression upon it. She wears thigh-high socks that are patterned with candy purple and sky blue in alternation. She wears normal sneaks that are pink with candy blue laces and white soles. On her back, she carries around a purple pack which also has frills.
Like all Reapers, Coco has her own set of Reaper wings, which matching to her size, is small in comparison to other Reapers. Because of her overall looks, her wings are probably the only way to distinguish her as a Reaper. Otherwise, she can be easily mistaken as a normal shopkeeper, as she has her own personal store.
Coco represents the childish youth of Shibuya with her young and delighted attitude. Being childish and all, she loves being supportive of others, even the Players in the Reapers' Game. Because of her bright personality, her social skills are exceptional and she has no trouble making friends with most people. On the other hand, she can be the "annoying cutey try-hard" to certain people, which is Neku's general impression of her. She can be especially bothersome from time to time with her valley girl accent ("cute girl" talk for the Japanese version).
She often roots for the Players, although she also understands that a Reaper needs to "eat." She considers herself a friend to both sides. Yet, it is also apparent that she's still as opportunistic and greedy as other Reapers: instead of free charity, she sells out her items for money in her store.
Coco's speculated job among the Reapers is possibly the role of guiding new spirits into the Reaper's game, after their Soul has died, by "processing" them from the RG to the UG. Other Reapers may hold this job else than her.
In the main timeline, Neku himself did not meet her in this particular job, neither did he know much about the game. Even so, other players such as Shiki and Beat knew at least the bottom-line rules of the game. This could mean that Shiki and the others met Coco or other Reapers who introduced them to the game, while Neku jumped into the game unwillingly as a proxy for the Composer, which gave him no reason to meet the guide Reapers as his Soul was already "processed".
Coming into Live Remix, while Coco fulfills her role as usual, she also takes up an even larger role. Instead of only guiding the Souls at the start of the game, Coco is given the task to lead groups of players around as a form of advisory and chaperone. With Live Remix that collects 20 actual players into a group, where they have to fulfill a common goal by the end of the week, Coco is one of the "guide" Reapers chosen to lead these multitudes of groups.
Coco owns the Secret Reaper Shop, in which you use real currency to buy products.
As mentioned in her personality, Coco has top-level social skills, which is presumeably why she was chosen as one of the guide Reapers to lead in incoming Players.
While her battle skills are not mentioned, Coco is perhaps a veteran Reaper just as long as Kariya, indicated by her small and smooth-lined wings, which could mean that she is powerful enough that she shouldn't be taken lightly.
The kanji for Atarashi Ko-ko literally translates to: New, child, child (々 is a character that indicates that the previous kanji should be repeated). With the fact that Coco looks like a very young girl who can be considered as still a child, Coco is also a new character introduced into the The World Ends with You Franchise.
- The nickname "Live-chan" comes from the fact that she was an interact-able Reaper in the Live Remix version of the game. While she is also "interact-able" in Solo Remix, her main role was ground-hard established in Live Remix. She also became the most commonly interact-able Reaper in Live Remix as she guided the groups.
- In the Japanese version, it is apparent in her speech bubbles that she uses "text talk" to accompany her "cute girl" talk.
- The bear ears on Coco's hoodie occasionally match with Coco's emotions. For example, when she is flustered or plainly bawling in tears, the ears "wriggle," displaying a state of discomposure.
- The items in Coco's store are mostly at the cheap price of ¥85, which is an over-bargain for such drastically stat-enhancing items. This may be because the store is not open often and the items have only a few in stock.
- A good example of this is the "Basic Items Combo Set", which at the price of ¥85, the given player receives one Scarletite, one Dark Matter and one Orichalcum.
- Another good example is the "Sea-Urchin Rice Balls", which at the price of also ¥85 and one digestion box, the given player gets +10 ATK, DEF and BRV along with +100 HP. Both are too-good-to-be-true items.